Got this From a Family member who retired from the company.. This is an incredible chocolate chip cookie recipe, Its very easy to make and is always such a big hit.. Unfortunately they may have to be doubled in order to have enough to go around lol !...
- Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form large round patty's 1/4 inch thick. Place onto a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes for soft & chewy, or 10 to 12 minutes for crispier cookies.
- Romove from oven and allow cookies to set for an additional 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack for cooling.
- *Be sure to use Rumford Baking Powder- (It's aluminum free and doesn't have the bitter taste found in other brands).
- Because the batter is so thick they do not work well as small cookies (smaller cookies can get too hard). If desired drop large spoonfuls of dough directly onto cookie sheet, then form dough to correct size and shape.
- Stick to 8 minutes in the oven, this cookie remains chewy even after it cools. For crispier cookies Bake 1-4 minutes longer.
- Don't forget the coffee or the cookie will taste too sweet. Using a clean pill crusher to get the Instant expresso to the right consistency, works perfect.