Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Considered Cuba's national drink, this lime and rum cocktail is a favorite with pirates, swashbucklers, and colorful characters in the Caribbean and beyond. From All Recipes.
- Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass.
- Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice.
- Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar, and muddle again to release the lime juice.
- Do not strain the mixture.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice.
- Pour the rum over the ice, and fill the glass with carbonated water.
- Stir, taste, and add more sugar if desired.
- Garnish with the remaining lime wedge.