Recipe by venus2
This recipe has been in our family forever. The tortillas separate during baking and that's what makes this special.
Top Review by Baldiechef
Wow i was looking for a good chili recipe..and i found this so i thought i would try it out, but as there or veggies in my family i did a few aterations to suit. I changed your bacon for more cheese(x3 and used chedder as i am in England) and because i had no bell peppers i used 2 or so cups of fried mushrooms. It turned out great, fantastic idea with the tortillas thank you. Michael :-)
- 6 flour tortillas
- 5 ounces shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced &, fried crisp
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- chopped jalapeno (to your taste)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Line pie pan with tortillas.
- Sprinkle cheese, bacon, peppers and 3/4 of onions over tortillas.
- Beat eggs, milk, chili powder and mustard together.
- Pour over ingredients in pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting.