Recipe by scancan
These are not cakey and not "stick to your palate" goo either. These are perfect brownies that everyone requests to take home the rest of the pan or at least the recipe.
Top Review by Scarlett516
These were pretty good, but I used cocoa powder and the brownies had too much of a cocoa powder taste to them. The recipe didn't specify whether to use real cocoa or the powdered stuff. I'll definitely try these again with either real cocoa chocolate or less cocoa powder because I can see that with those tweaks they would be fabulous!
- 6 ounces margarine (12 tbsp,) or 6 ounces butter (12 tbsp,)
- 2⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup cake flour or 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Melt butter and whisk in cocoa while very hot. Cool.
- Whisk sugar, salt, and vanilla into cocoa. Add eggs at once and combine.
- Fold flour in just until incorporated. Fold in nuts if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Check to see if it's done by inserting a toothpick. The toothpick will not come out clean, there will be a little batter clinging to the toothpick but it will not be wet.
- Serve with some fresh fruit and whipped cream. Enjoy!