Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love margs, and have tried every mix on planet earth, and they all sucked. So in my quest to find the perfect blend of ingredients to make my favorite concoction, this is what I came up with. Simple, strong, just the way they should be. WARNING... Not for the faint of heart. Hope you enjoy.
- 2 fluid ounces of expensive tequila (please do not use the cheap, it really does make a diff)
- 3 fluid ounces Cointreau liqueur
- 1 fluid ounce fresh lime juice
- salt, to serve
- lime wedge, to serve
- Rim your marg glass with a lime wedge, then dip in salt.Add all ingredients in a shaker, or a mason jar with lid will work, and shake till blended. Pour into glass and garnish with lime wedge.
- If you like, you can chill your glass in the freezer for 10 minutes, or add a few cubes of ice to the rest of ingredients while shaking, being sure to strain it when you pour into glass. Also, if the marg is to strong for ya, bump it down to 1 shot of tequila.
Great, simple margarita! Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.