Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe that was given to me by a friend a couple of decades ago when I was a newlywed. It is still one of my family's favorites. It is great to pull out of the freezer when I don't have time to cook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 9-inch deep dish pie crusts, unbaked
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, any kind
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped canned artichoke heart
- 1 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Bake pie crusts 5 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Brown meat and drain well.
- Steam broccoli and mushrooms.
- Mix broccoli, mushrooms, artichokes and meat together and spread in pie shell.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and Cheddar cheeses over meat and vegetable mixture in shells.
- Beat eggs, cream and seasonings together and pour over meat pie filling.
- Bake at 425 degrees F.
- for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 300 degrees F.
- and bake 35 minutes more.
- This makes two quiches so there is an extra one to freeze or share with another real man!