Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
You can use this for anything - pasta sauce, sauce for meatballs, veal, chicken, eggplant anything at all!!!
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 kg ripe tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups cold water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place stock in saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add onion and garlic stirring until onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes and sugar and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Stir in wine and tomaote paste. Bring to the boil. Gently boil stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until liquid reduces and thickens.
- Stir in water and simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
- If you like a chunky sauce - puree 1/2 the sauce only. If you want a smooth sauce puree the whole lot.