Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
we lived in naples italy for 3 years and are actually going back for 3 more. here is the authentic bruschetta recipe, guaranteed to be a huge hit.
- 8 roma tomatoes, chopped into cubes
- 78.07 ml red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper
- 1 loaf long French bread, sliced
- chop roma tomatoes, red onion, and garlic put into medium sized bowl, set aside in food processor chop the basil until very fine, add to tomato mixture.
- add red wine vinegar and oil, and salt/pepper and mix well.
- let sit.
- meanwhile grill/ or broil bread until just toasted.
- serve and watch the eyes of your guests get dreamy over the unique taste of this great dish.
The best bruschetta bread I have ever tasted. The topping was so refreshing and had a well-balanced flavor. I brushed the sliced french bread with olive oil - chopped basil mixture before broiling. It was a big hit. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
My husband made these with regular tomatoes and white onions because we didn't have the others on hand. Still turned out great! Can't wait to try it with the "real" ingredients! It's exactly like we had at our favourite Italian restaurant. Gotta go to Naples!
My mom didn't like my normal bruschetta (I usually use Tomato and Basil Bruschetta) so I thought I'd give this a shot. She liked it better, but I thought it was almost inedible. The red wine vinegar was waaay to overpowering. It is also really oily, I think I will stick to the other recipe from now on.