Recipe by Trixyinaz
This is my mom's recipe for biscotti. They never last more than a few days after she makes them. I'm biased, but they are the BEST!
- 12 eggs
- 1 ounce anise flavoring
- 5 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Crisco, plus
- 2 tablespoons Crisco
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In mixer beat eggs and anise flavoring together for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Mix in the Crisco until it turns into small pieces.
- Add the egg mixture and combine (dough will be thick and sticky).
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Roll dough into logs approximately the length of your cookie sheet, 1 1/2 inches thick and 1 inch high.
- Place logs on the greased cookie sheet about 4 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and slice diagonally.
- Lay cut side down in tray and bake about 10 more minutes.
- I have put almonds or walnuts (coarsely chopped) in batter and they do taste good., but I have found that if I put the nuts in dry mixture and then add the egg mixture it is so much easier.