Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is what your average Irish person will crave when they live abroad- not the healthiest way to start your day- but its delicious. The key here is the quality of the pork you use - "clonakilty" is the best brand in my opinion - worth the effort to try and get an Irish brand for the ingredients as it genuinely makes a big difference! I think this is a great hangover cure because its a greasy comfort food . Not for those watching their waist line though :S
- 1 link clonakilty pork sausage
- 5 -6 slices lean bacon (rashers )
- 1 inch of thickly sliced disks of clonakilty white pudding sausage
- 1 inch of thickly sliced disks of clonakilty blood pudding sausage
- 5 button mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of kerrygold real irish butter
- salt and pepper
- irish brown bread
- Heinz ketchup
- 2 glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice
- irish tea, 1 pot of (barrys or lyons are great blends )
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil. Fry the sausages slowly over a medium heat - keep turning.
- Add the pudding to the pan and continue to cook. Put sausages and pudding on a plate and keep warm in the oven.
- Place rashers on frying pan and cook until colour has darkened and they crisp - transfer to oven. Add more oil to the frying pan and sauté the mushrooms.
- Add as many eggs are you want per person and fry however you prefer them.
- Add the salt and pepper to the mushrooms.
- Serve all ingredients on a plate and serve with crusty french bread (aka breakfast roll - popular hangover cures sold in petrol stations in Ireland ) or with Irish brown bread . Add ketchup to taste. Loads of Kerrygold Irish butter for the bread is yum as it is slightly salty and has a gorgeous flavour. Round it all of with a glass of cold orange juice and a strong cup of tea!
I used to eat Irish potato bread with my Irish breakfast.
I was so happy to find these instructions, because I LOVE an Irish breakfast, and I had just received some bangers and rashers from Ireland. Since I do not care for white pudding or blood pudding, I did not have them. I also am used to substituting tomato in place of the mushrooms, which I did. But the directions were perfect, and we ended up with an incredible breakfast. Thank you, Pia!!!!