Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the actual Cracker Barrel cornbread stuffing recipe!! Enjoy!
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 quarts day old grated cornbread
- 1 quart day old grated biscuit
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 4 ounces margarine
- 1 quart chicken broth, plus
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix onion, celery, grated cornbread and biscuits, parsley, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Add melted margarine to mixture.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add Chicken broth to dry ingredients and mix well. The dressing should have a wet but not soupy consistency like a quick bread batter (banana bread/corn bread).
- Divide mixture evenly into two (8 x 8 inch) pans sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 400 degrees Fahrenheit or until lightly brown on the top.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- Tips for great Dressing:.
- Grate biscuits and corn muffins in a food processor until coarsely ground or using the largest holes on your hand grater.