Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Traditional Southern Congealed Salad...Perfect for Holiday Gatherings!
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes cherry Jell-O
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (Drain; set juice aside)
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges (Drain; set juice aside)
- 1 (28 ounce) candark pitted cherries (Drain; set juice aside)
- 12 ounces Coke
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Use Juices from fruit instead of water to make jello-- once it's hot, add Coke.
- Put in Mixing bowl and add cream cheese, fruit, and nuts.
- Pour into mold and allow it to set.
Mmmm, nice cherry cola flavor here! The fruits where yummy in this jelly, nuts where not necessary in our opinion and because I wasnÂ´t sure of the cream cheese in it, I made half with, half without it. Still not quite sure, both where good, but I perhaps would just leave the cream cheese next time. I donÂ´t know how you guys over there eat your cola salad, with main meal as a salad, or as dessert? The batch without cream cheese was great with ice cream, anyway.