Recipe by Kathleen Maguire
Traditional Southern Congealed Salad...Perfect for Holiday Gatherings!
Top Review by rosslare
Mmmm, nice cherry cola flavor here! The fruits where yummy in this jelly, nuts where not necessary in our opinion and because I wasnÂ´t sure of the cream cheese in it, I made half with, half without it. Still not quite sure, both where good, but I perhaps would just leave the cream cheese next time. I donÂ´t know how you guys over there eat your cola salad, with main meal as a salad, or as dessert? The batch without cream cheese was great with ice cream, anyway.
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes cherry Jell-O
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (Drain; set juice aside)
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges (Drain; set juice aside)
- 1 (28 ounce) candark pitted cherries (Drain; set juice aside)
- 12 ounces Coke
- 1 cup chopped pecans