The Real Cinnamon Toast "crunch"
- * Set your oven to broil. Low setting if you have it. Move your top rack to the first shelf.
- * Spread a tablespoon of butter on each slice of bread.
- * In a measuring cup or bowl combine both the sugars and cinnamon. Mix well.
- * On an aluminum lined cookie sheet place each slice of bread buttered side up and spoon the sugar mixture over each one till all the slices have a nice heavy layer of sugar.
- * Place in the oven for 3-4 minutes or till the bread is toasty and the sugar has melted into a semi-candy topping. Remember to keep the oven door slightly open to allow air circulation.
- * Remove from oven and serve immediately either plain or with sliced bananas or peaches on top. Great with applesauce and cold milk.