Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
I remember my mom making this on cold dreary mornings before school and sometimes on stormy nights when I couldn't sleep. Its easy, fast and yummy yummy yummy!!!
- 8 slices bread
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- * Set your oven to broil. Low setting if you have it. Move your top rack to the first shelf.
- * Spread a tablespoon of butter on each slice of bread.
- * In a measuring cup or bowl combine both the sugars and cinnamon. Mix well.
- * On an aluminum lined cookie sheet place each slice of bread buttered side up and spoon the sugar mixture over each one till all the slices have a nice heavy layer of sugar.
- * Place in the oven for 3-4 minutes or till the bread is toasty and the sugar has melted into a semi-candy topping. Remember to keep the oven door slightly open to allow air circulation.
- * Remove from oven and serve immediately either plain or with sliced bananas or peaches on top. Great with applesauce and cold milk.
awesome recipe but alot of calories
Oh my gosh I had forgotten all about this wonderful recipe. Thanks for posting and I hope everyone who hasn't made this will try it. There's not a kid on earth that doesn't love toast made this way.