Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
MAJOR COMFORT FOOD! This recipe is from Carnation's website. It is VERY cheesy, VERY dense and VERY creamy! It previously had only 2 cups of noodles, but no one would touch it without more over here.You can just use 2 cups if you'd like, everyone but me wanted more noodles, however. I just love cheese.*lol*
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt (the cheese makes it salty already)
- butter or cooking spray
- 2 cups vegetables (optional)
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Boil the macaroni, cooking according to the package and drain.
- Combine the pasta, shredded cheddar and Pepper jack cheese, evaporated milk, and pepper in the casserole. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 10 minutes, or lightly brown.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy with a yummy salad!
- NOTE: You can use Monterey Jack cheese in the place of Pepper Jack if you don't like spicy food.
I love this! I made it with broccoli and the result was just incredible........the flavors are awesome together! I've made it many times and it's always great. Thanks for posting it here!
This is the best mac n cheese ever! I served it with Thanksgiving dinner , everyone raved over it! thanks!