Recipe by Missmagill
MAJOR COMFORT FOOD! This recipe is from Carnation's website. It is VERY cheesy, VERY dense and VERY creamy! It previously had only 2 cups of noodles, but no one would touch it without more over here.You can just use 2 cups if you'd like, everyone but me wanted more noodles, however. I just love cheese.*lol*
Top Review by linguinelisa
I love this! I made it with broccoli and the result was just incredible........the flavors are awesome together! I've made it many times and it's always great. Thanks for posting it here!
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt (the cheese makes it salty already)
- butter or cooking spray
- 2 cups vegetables (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Boil the macaroni, cooking according to the package and drain.
- Combine the pasta, shredded cheddar and Pepper jack cheese, evaporated milk, and pepper in the casserole. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 10 minutes, or lightly brown.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy with a yummy salad!
- NOTE: You can use Monterey Jack cheese in the place of Pepper Jack if you don't like spicy food.