Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe takes some time to prepare, but you'll swoon upon your first mouthful. It was given to me by my friend, Edna. The first time I tasted it...love at first bite!
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 4 -8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- chopped nuts
- Bake cake as directed.
- While cake is baking mix pinapple and sugar, cook until sugar melts.
- Poke holes with meat fork while still warm.
- Spoon hot mixture over warm cake.
- Cool in refrigerator for several hours.
- Mix instant pudding according to package directions and spread over cooled cake.
- Mix cream cheese amd powdered sugar; spread over pudding (a little difficult to spread, keep working with it).
- Sprinkle desired amount coconut and chopped nuts over top.
- Keep refrigerated.
I tasted this cake about two years ago and loved it from the first bite. I have been looking for this recipe ever since. I am a very happy lady today.
The recipe didnt say what to do with the cool whip. So I added it to the cream cheese mixture. This cake is great. Very moist and yummy. I love pineapple and coconut and this a a very refreshing cake. This recipe is a keeper :)
Steps 7 and 8 I combined. Beat softened cream cheese with sugar. Then folded in pudding mixture. Spread 1/2 the mixture in between the layers of cake. The other 1/2 folded into the cool whip spread on top and sides. Then sprinkled sides of cake with cooled toasted coconut. Very Moist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!