Recipe by Carol LaValla
This recipe takes some time to prepare, but you'll swoon upon your first mouthful. It was given to me by my friend, Edna. The first time I tasted it...love at first bite!
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 4 -8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake as directed.
- While cake is baking mix pinapple and sugar, cook until sugar melts.
- Poke holes with meat fork while still warm.
- Spoon hot mixture over warm cake.
- Cool in refrigerator for several hours.
- Mix instant pudding according to package directions and spread over cooled cake.
- Mix cream cheese amd powdered sugar; spread over pudding (a little difficult to spread, keep working with it).
- Sprinkle desired amount coconut and chopped nuts over top.
- Keep refrigerated.