1/3 Photos of The Ravishing Reds Salad With Red Hots Dressing
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Radicchio, red leaf lettuce, radishes, red onion rings, red pimento stuffed olives and red sweet peppers make a nice salad ring on a platter. This is a meatless salad but option for other ingredients listed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head radicchio, chopped
- 3 -4 cups red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 1 sweet red peppers, cored, seeded, diced or 1 red pepper, cut into thin rings
- 10 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 10 -15 red pimento stuffed olives
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, small cubes
- 1/2 cup beet, cooked and julienne cut (optional)
- 1/2 cup minced cooked bacon (optional)
- 1Place radicchio in the center of the platter.
- 2Ring with the red leaf lettuce.
- 3Place the red onion rings on top of red leaf lettuce.
- 4Then place red sweet pepper rings on the edge of the platter or if diced sprinkled on top of the red onion rings.
- 5Place sliced radishes, ringing the edge of the radicchio that is in the center.
- 6Place the other sliced radishes scattered on the outer ring of salad.
- 7Sprinkle the red pimento stuffed green olives at will on the salad.
- 8Place the pepper jack cheese in a separate small bowl to be passed as the salad is dished.(Pepper Jack Cheese has hot red pepper in it).
- 9You can serve the optional ingredients in separate bowls to be passed also if desired.
- 11In medium saucepan, add red hots or any hot red candies and water on low to medium heat. Stir until dissolved.
- 12Add honey and stir until dissolved.
- 13Set off heat. Add evaporated milk, sweet basil, Splenda or white sugar. Whisk. Set aside.
- 14Add oil and vinegar in a separate bowl. Whisk.
- 15Note: You may use a few shakes of rice vinegar instead of white vinegar.
- 16Right before serving combine the two mixtures to make the dressing.
- 17Refrigerate dressing if made ahead, shake before serving.
- 18This salad can be made ahead, covered and chilled before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ravishing Reds Salad With Red Hots Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.5
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 272.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives