Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The Ravenous Pig is a local eatery (gastropub) that has almost a cult following. This is their deviled egg recipe, a great way to use up those leftover Easter eggs...yet to try; posted for nutritional info and also so I won't lose it among those random recipe clippings! It contains lemon juice and vinegar and uses kosher salt and grey salt (a moist unrefined sea salt usually found on the coastal areas of France, available in gourmet stores and larger supermarkets) to enhance the flavors.
- 30 eggs, peeled, hard-boiled, halved and yolks removed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- grey salt, smoked paprika and freshly chopped chives to garnish
- cornichon, for serving (optional)
- Mash yolks with salt, pepper, Tabasco, smoked paprika, vinegar, lemon juice, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into egg white halves. Garnish with grey salt, smoked paprika and chives. Serve with cornichons on the side.