Recipe by Nana Lee
Passionate about chocolate? If so, you’re sure to savor this sinfully moist, fudgy cake covered in an indulgently rich chocolate frosting. This comes from Nestles Chocolatier, a new richer kind of chocolate bits by Nestle. This recipe depends in using these exact chocolate morsels.
- 1 2⁄3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips, divided (NESTLES CHOCOLATIER 62% Cacao)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 325ºF.
- Line 8-inch-square baking pan with foil; grease.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons morsels for chocolate sauce.
- HEAT 1 cup morsels, sugar, butter and water in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until morsels and butter are melted.
- Pour into medium bowl.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time, until mixed.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour and salt; stir well.
- Stir in remaining morsels (except sauce morsels) and nuts, if desired.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 33 to 35 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Lift brownie from pan with foil to cutting board.
- Carefully remove foil.
- Cut brownie square into half.
- Cut each half into thirds, for a total of 6 pieces.
- Cut each piece in half diagonally to form triangles for a total of 12.
- PLACE cream in small, uncovered, microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 25 to 30 seconds.
- Add reserved 3 tablespoons of morsels; stir until smooth. (Sauce will thicken as it cools.).
- Place wedge on serving plate; top or drizzle with a teaspoon of sauce.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.