Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
We make this every year in the summers. This is my dad's most favourite comfort food! I still remember him dipping little pieces of puris (we make these also at home) in the mango milkshake and feeding me when I'd come home tired from school! He would say this is specially made by Papa for his April diamond :)! The best part about this recipe is that you can serve this as a beverage alongside your food or as a dessert along with homemade puris! What a wonderful treat this is - I swear you'll never make anything with mangoes once you make this and enjoy this delish yummy shake! You can make lots of this, pour it into a water jug and carry it with you for a picnic! :) I hope everyone who loves mangoes tries this and enjoys it just as much as we do!!
- Put the diced mangoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar.
- Using an electric beater, beat well until the mango pieces break and become mushy.
- Beat really well!
- Then add cold milk, a little at a time.
- Beat well again until not even a tiny piece of mango remains -- You will get an aromatic mango smell emanating from the mixing bowl and a beautiful thick milkshake.
- Add some freshly grated coconut for a nice variation (optional).
- Cover the bowl.
- Refrigerate until it's nice and cold.
- Serve chilled.
- This is to be served with puris.
- This is the secret to the extra pounds that everyone has in my family!
I made this, but forgot the puris! Its great! For personal taste I omitted the coconut (don't like coconut)but it still tastes very good. It is easy to make, but I would recommend that you use a bowl with a lid for step 8. Just covering the bowl with cling wrap, I still had a stron smell of mango through my refrigerator. I also tried this using plain yoghurt. This is very enjoyable too. A wonderful drink to summer.
Oh Char, this mango milkshake is wonderful. My kids loved it. It's so easy to make in a blender and much more healthful than a milkshake made with ice cream. I loved the intense mango flavor, so delicious!!! Char, thanks for another yummy recipe!