Alan in SW Florida's Note:
How can you beat this?? All the perfect ingredients are between two slices of lightly toasted bread...the juicy height-of-summer red tomatoes, the crunchy green lettuce leaves, the creamy mayo binding it all together, and, best of all, the incomparable meaty, smoky, salty-sweet flavor of the bacon. It doesn't get get better than this!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Hellmann's is the best, and NOT the low-fat kind)
- 12 slices good-quality bacon
- 8 slices good-quality white bread, lightly toasted
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- crisp lettuce leaf (Romaine or Iceberg)
- 1In a small bowl, mix the chives (or scallions) with the mayonnaise.
- 2Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, keeping the slices separate as they cook, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon from pan with tongs and place on a paper-towel covered plate to drain.
- 3Spread one side of all slices of the toast with the mayonnaise. Layer 4 slices of the toast with tomatoes and bacon and grind black pepper over the top, add a lettuce leaf, close the sandwiches with remaining slices of toast, cut in half diagonally, and serve.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The "Expert" BLT (Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich)
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.3
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.9 mg
- Sodium 668.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 7.7 g