Recipe by evelyn/athens
Creating a pizza for the Quisine Queens (Zaar World Tour #2) was not as tough a challenge as some might expect. Diverse interests and backgrounds reulted in a tasty pizza! Chef Kate - spring onions, Susie D - shrimp, Lauralie41 - prepared crust and sauce katia - kalamata olives, evelyn/athens - feta, twissis - mushrooms, tigerduck - arugula and chili oil, stormylee - mozzarella, chefwally - red pepper flakes and fresh basil
Top Review by moe13a
Good. It was like having a Mediterranean dish. A little spicy. I added tomatoes just under the cheese and it was a nice addition (it just looked too pretty in the picture not to add). All the flavors blended really well together.
- 1 prepared 12-inch pizza crust (like Boboli)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pizza or 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (preferably Greek)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- lots of freshly-cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp (if the shrimp are large, chop them up or slice into smaller pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms (fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (spring or fresh)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Garnish at table
- fresh basil leaf, torn
- fresh arugula leaf, torn
- chili oil, to drizzle over top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat pizza stone in oven at 450°F Brush olive oil over crust and spread with prepared pizza sauce. Sprinkle on basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, pepper and garlic.
- Distribute shrimp, mushrooms, olives and onions over pizza.
- Combine 3 cheeses and sprinkle evenly over pizza.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add toppings of your choice at table (do try to have some arugula and chili oil to drizzle over) and enjoy!
- With much love from the Quisine Queens.