Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Got this from the baking911 website. haven't tried yet.
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the shortening, sugar, and brown sugar in the mixer’s work bowl, and cream until light and fluffy.
- In the meantime, sift together the cake flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time to the creamed mixture. Then add vanilla. Increase the speed until thoroughly incorporated.
- With the mixer set to low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the shortening and combine well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Chill the dough. Scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 per sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown and puffy, checking the cookies after 5 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet for even browning. Cool and store in an airtight-container.
This is a very good cookie, however... it was not the puffy, cake-like cookie I was hoping for. I've been searching for a cake-like chocolate chip cookie like I grew up with, but guess I'll have to keep looking. We'll definitely enjoy eating these in the mean time though! :)