Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on alleasyrecipes.com. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. Sweden Scandinavia
Make and share this The Professor's Glogg recipe from Food.com.
- 2 quarts dry red wine
- 2 quarts muscatel
- 1 pint sweet vermouth
- 2 tablespoons Angostura bitters
- 2 cups raisins
- peelings of 1 orange
- 12 whole cardamoms, bruised in a mortar with a pestle (or crushed with a rolling pin after covering with a towel)
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 piece about 2 inches fresh ginger
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups aquavit
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups whole almonds, blanched and peeled
- In a 6-8 quart enameled or stainless-steel pot, mix together the dry red wine, muscatel, sweet vermouth, bitters, raisins, orange peel and slightly crushed cardamoms, whole cloves, ginger and cinnamon.
- Cover and let the mixture stand at least 12 hours so that the flavors will develop and mingle. Shortly before serving, add the aquavit and the sugar.
- Stir well and bring it to a full boil over high heat. Remove at once from the heat, stir in the almonds and serve the hot "Glogg" in mugs.
- In Sweden, a small spoon is placed in each mug to scoop up the almonds and raisins.