Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mom clipped this one and makes it periodically for Thanksgiving as a cake with cream cheese frosting. I like mine with a gentle dusting of powdered sugar. The clip is so old and yellowed I can’t figure out which president was a fan of this bread.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground cloves
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 473.18 ml solid pack pumpkin (not pie filling)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube bundt cake pan or 2 9-inch cake pans.
- Sift together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda and spices) into a large bowl and form a well in the center. Add eggs and oil. Using a mixer on low blend ingredients. Add pumpkin and continue mixing until the pumpkin is fully incorporated. Fold batter into the cake pan.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Baking time is for the bundt cake pan and should be adjusted if you make this as a layer cake.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
This made for a moist and delicious pumpkin bread. I used applesauce in place of the vegetable oil and cooked it in a bundt pan. I topped it off with a thin layer of cream cheese icing. Yummy! Made for Summer, 2009 Photo Tag.
So moist, and perfect if every way! I made this in a 13x9 pan and cooked it for about 30 minutes. Oh boy was it good. I just dusted it with confectioners sugar for a garnish. I brought it to work and it disappeared alomost immediately. Yum!
VERY, VERY NICE TASTING PUMPKIN BREAD, & will be making this one again! I was going to add some cranberries to it but then decided instead to serve it with some homemade cranberry butter on the side! Definitely great for gift-giving during the winter holidays! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Election Eats Tag Game]