Recipe by justcallmetoni
Mom clipped this one and makes it periodically for Thanksgiving as a cake with cream cheese frosting. I like mine with a gentle dusting of powdered sugar. The clip is so old and yellowed I can’t figure out which president was a fan of this bread.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
This made for a moist and delicious pumpkin bread. I used applesauce in place of the vegetable oil and cooked it in a bundt pan. I topped it off with a thin layer of cream cheese icing. Yummy! Made for Summer, 2009 Photo Tag.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground cloves
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 473.18 ml solid pack pumpkin (not pie filling)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube bundt cake pan or 2 9-inch cake pans.
- Sift together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda and spices) into a large bowl and form a well in the center. Add eggs and oil. Using a mixer on low blend ingredients. Add pumpkin and continue mixing until the pumpkin is fully incorporated. Fold batter into the cake pan.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Baking time is for the bundt cake pan and should be adjusted if you make this as a layer cake.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a plate.