Recipe by DrGaellon
A lighter substitute for eggnog, created by Bruce Yung for the Oak Room at the Plaza Hotel in New York. Adapted from a recipe printed in the Dec 20 2009 _New York Times_.
- 2 1⁄4 cups stiffly whipped cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 6 ounces amontillado sherry wine
- 2 ounces harvey's bristol cream sherry
- ground cinnamon, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine whipped cream, sugar, saffron, milk and honey in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon and lime juice and zest.
- Cool 10 minutes, strain and refrigerate until cold.
- For each serving, pour 6 ounces of base, 1 1/2 oz Amontillado and 1/2 oz Harvey's Bristol Cream over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until well mixed and ice-cold. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a pinch of cinnamon.