1/2 Photos of The Plumber's Favorite Coconut Pies
1 hr 20 mins
Okay, I know this has a weird name, but we call my ex husband the Plumber and these are his FAVORITE pies and after we divorced, the nut had the nerve to call me and ask for the recipe. IF he finds it here, he can count himself lucky because neither I, my mom, my grandma or my kids would give him the recipe!!! This recipe has been around my family for over 20 years. It can easily be doubled to make 2 pies.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg yolks until fluffy.
- 2Slowly add sugar, milk, butter, vanilla flavoring and cornstarch.
- 3Stir in coconut by hand.
- 4Mix well and pour into unbaked pie shell.
- 5Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until center is set, but top is not too brown.
- 6In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add the 10 Tbsp sugar, and continue beating until meringue is stiff, but not "dry".
- 7Remove pie from oven and top with meringue; return to oven until meringue is slightly brown.
- 8Cool completely before serving and refrigerate any leftovers.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Plumber's Favorite Coconut Pies
Serving Size: 1 (1623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4682.8
- Calories from Fat 1911
- Total Fat 212.4 g
- Saturated Fat 134.3 g
- Cholesterol 1247.8 mg
- Sodium 1780.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 657.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.2 g
- Sugars 542.1 g
- Protein 62.3 g