Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pizza Any Way You Slice It.
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a big skillet; cook the garlic and red pepper flakes in the oil over medium heat until the garlic is golden, about 1 minute.
- Add in tomatoes, oregano, and salt to taste; bring to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool before spreading it on the pizza dough.
- Keeps well in refrigerator for up to 5 days; in the freezer for 1 month.
LOVED IT! I paired it with the "The Pizza Makerâ€™s Sauce" and it was fantastic. Next time I will make a bigger batch and freeze some.
This makes a GREAT TASTING SAUCE! Made it as is, & wouldn't change a thing! Used it on two pizzas, one for my son & DIL with cheese, olives & diced onions, & one for myself & my partner with all that plus some crumbled Italian sausage! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my SAUCE theme in the current My-3-Chefs cooking event]