1 hr 15 mins
I live in a house full of picky eaters. DH, DS, amd DD are all very picky- especially when it comes to vegetables. I do my best to hide veggies in whatever I can, and this soup helps me out big time. By using baby food in the noodles and pureeing some veggies (which is the optional step), you have an opportunity to give your family what's good for them without them even knowing. *NOTE: I choose to use baby food squash in the noodles. The color doesn't give away my secret :) This recipe feeds us two meals and then some!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar baby food (can use 4 oz as well)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 15 baby carrots, chopped
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled and cubed
- 8 cups chicken broth (store bought or the stuff that cooks off the chicken)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1FOR NOODLES: Mix all ingredients for pasta together by hand or with a mixer. Separate dough into two balls. Cover both until ready to roll out.
- 2Flour a flat surface and your hands. Roll out one of the balls as flat as you can get it (I can never get mine much thinner than 1/8 inch). Let dry for 5 minutes before cutting into thin strips (no wider than 1/4 inch).
- 3Place noodles on a cookie sheet and into the oven at THE LOWEST HEAT SETTING POSSIBLE for about 10 minutes. Leave oven door cracked.
- 4Remove noodles and break into approx 2 inch pieces.
- 5SEE NOTE FOR THE OPTIONAL VEGGIES.
- 6FOR SOUP: In a large pot, add all "for soup" ingredients except for chicken. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-high. Allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- 7Add pureed veggies (if using) and noodles. Return to a boil and cook until noodles float at the top of your soup.
- 8Add chicken and heat 10 minutes more.
- 9Serve with crackers or cornbread.
- 10*OPTIONAL* Sautee all optional veggies in olive oil in a large skillet until soft. Puree in food processor or blender and set aside until ready to use in soup. This step will help you get even more good-for-you veggies in without anyone noticing!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Picky Eater's Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 1128.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cream of chicken soup