Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is for Chicken Salad as was served at Willow's at The Phoenician Resort in Scottsdale, AZ. My clipped recipe from Omaha World Herald dates to 1990. The salad is different with dates, nuts and jicama, in a lime-mayo dressing. It's a very good warm weather dish. Cook and prep times do not include chill time.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 1 celery rib, diced fine
- 4 ounces jicama, peeled and diced fine
- 4 large dates, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Cut chicken into 1 " cubes, place into glass bowl and toss with oil, lime juice, salt and peppers. Spoon mixture into baking pan, bake 15 minutes at 375, or until chicken is done. Cool chicken in fridge , stir in remaining ingredients and toss well.
Thank you for sharing this recipe. However, Willow's is not located at The Phoenician. Perhaps you mean The Centre for Well-Being at The Phoenician, or another resort property?