Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I like to put a variety of toppings on cheesecake. The Philly cheesecake is a perfect one to experiment with. I have included our favorites, but the possibilites are endless!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 9-inch graham cracker crust
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Blend in eggs.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Cool, then refrigerate.
- Topping ideas: Cherry pie filling, Blueberry pie filling, Assorted fresh fruits, cut and lightly sugared, Sour cream--place under broiler till bubbly Hot fudge ice cream topping, Caramel ice cream topping.
I love cheesecake and there are so many wonderful recipes out there for cheesecakes, but you just can't beat this one for quick and easy preparation. This makes a very good, basic cheesecake and in my opinion is delicious. Our favorite topping is fresh strawberries, sliced and tossed with a small amount of sugar, then chilled until a natural syrup forms. YUM!!! Thanks for sharing, MizzNezz!