Recipe by Carah'sMama
My version of what they serve at authentic Mexican restaurants. Simple to make in the microwave in 5-10 minutes. Only 3 ingredients! Perfect for a quick snack or to serve as a side.
Top Review by obviousdistraction
Mmmm...I changed the recipe up a little bit because I didn't have any jalapeno juice. I added spinach and tomatoes and some crushed red pepper. That gave it a kick. It is so good, too bad it's so fattening!!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups white American cheese, shredded (I buy a hunk at the grocery store deli and shred it myself)
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk or 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, minced (the ones used for nachos, in a jar)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons jalapeno juice, from the jalapenos above
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients (in order) in microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Stir until smooth. If it seems too thin, keep stirring.
- Serve with flour tortillas or tortilla chips.
- For mild, leave out the jalapenos. IMPORTANT: Do not leave out the jalapeno LIQUID, that is what helps make the flavor.