Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I had been using variations of hamburger recipes i found on here with no success until one day i made my hamburger meat in the same bowl as my olive oil and herb oven fries. The result was a hamburger so moist and delicious i have been using this recipe ever since. The simple ingredients bring out the flavor in the meat without overpowering it. The recipe uses fresh herbs which can always be substituted for dry if needed.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I find 85% lean works best, but have used 93% lean with much success)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon texas pete
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil (more for leaner beef)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl until well incorporated.
- Split into 4 1/4 lb balls and press to 1/3 in thickness (about 5 in diameter).
- Grill until desired level of done (my fiance does this so I'm not sure of the times, but i think about 6 minutes on each side for medium).
- Serve with all the fixings!
This is the best Hamburger. Try it, you'll love it !!
Tasty, great burger! The fresh parsley is so nice. I liked the olive oil, too, since my ground beef was very lean (a big no-no for burgers I know) but these came out flavorful with a great texture. Thanks for posting this!