1/2 Photos of The Perfect Steak, Says Chef Fabio
A less expensive cut can taste pricey — if you know what to look for, Chef Fabio says. . Tips: 1. The right cooking technique will improve any piece of meat -- leaner meats are best for roasting or grilling, fattier meat are good for braising and broiling. 2. Marbling determines how juicy your steak will be. 3. Always let the steak reach room temperature before cooking. Searing 101: sear at a high heat immediately to crisp the outside of the steak. Turn the heat lower once the second side has seared to maintain the melt-in-your mouth pink on the inside. Using a fresh herb brush to brush oil on to the steak will infuse the steak with amazing fresh flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub both sides of steak with 1 Tbsp of the oil.
- 2Season the steak with pepper on both sides.
- 3Heat grill (indoor type - or a large skillet will also work) with medium high heat until very hot.
- 4Add 2 Tbsp to the grill or pan and place the steak in the pan, allow it to cook on one side for 2-3 min without moving or poking the meat.
- 5While the steak is cooking, chop the garlic and put it in the remaining EVOO.
- 6Take the sprigs of rosemary and thyme, wrap the ends with aluminum foil to keep them together and use them as a brush to brush the garlic oil on the steak while it is cooking.
- 7Flip the steak over, brush with garlic oil, then salt the cooked side.
- 8After 2-3 min flip the steak over again, and salt that side as well, brushing all sides with the herb brush of garlic oil.
- 9Lower the heat.
- 10Add the butter to the top of the steak, and let it melt as the steak cooks to your preference. Cooking time will depend on how well done you wish your steak to be.
- 11When the steak is cooked, remove from pan to a board or plate and allow the steak to rest for approximately 5 minute
- 12Slice and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect Steak, Says Chef Fabio
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1193.7
- Calories from Fat 980
- Total Fat 108.9 g
- Saturated Fat 34.8 g
- Cholesterol 208.3 mg
- Sodium 211.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 50.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: