Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
While searching for grilling recipes I found this recipe at "patiopalace.com" which stated this was from "Broil King OMC". Haven't tried it yet, but sounds very good so posting here til I get a chance to make it and will update this then. Update 2/23/12 - We really enjoyed this last night for dinner. We marinated a 1 3/4 lb Sirloin Steak for about 6 hours and the taste was wonderful. This takes just a minute to put together and with such great results, this will now be our new marinated steak recipe.
- 4 steaks, 1-inch thick (preferably New York Strip)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Trim excess fat from the steaks. In a glass dish or heavy plastic bag combine the remaining ingredients.
- Marinate the steaks for 1 hour at room temperature or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. If refrigerating, bring steaks close to room temperature 1/2 hour before grilling for more even cooking.
- Preheat the barbecue on HIGH. Brush grids with olive oil. Grill steaks to your liking such as rare, medium etc.
Yum! I used T-bone steaks and marinated them on the counter top for about 1 1/2 hours. Then grilled them on a stove-top grill pan. I've really got to learn how to grill one of these days, lol. The steak had a wonderful flavor and I loved the Dijon in the marinade. Thanks diner for another great recipe. Made for Potluck Tag.
Really nice marinade for our top sirloins. I agree with LA Ravenscroft that you could taste all of the flavours and it was a very good blend. I let the steak marinate at room temperature for about 2 hours and used the George Foreman grill (I was out of propane for the BBQ!). We had these with twice baked potatoes and veggies, with mushrooms topping the steaks. Made for Zaar Stars. Thanks! :)
Made for Zaar Stars. Excellent marinade for steak. You could taste all of the flavors in this and not one overwhelmed the other. I used flank steak because that is what I had. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting this Diner!