Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This version of the recipe has been in my family for years. It's still the best one yet!
Make and share this The Perfect Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup soft margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix the soft margarine, white sugar & eggs together thoroughly - until you can no longer feel the sugar granuals in the mixture.
- Sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda & salt.
- Combine the two mixtures together by gently stirring in the mixture of flour, cream of tartar, baking soda & salt with your wet mixture of margarine, sugar & eggs.
- Chill dough at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to: 400 degrees F.
- Roll into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Roll In mixture of 3 Tablespoons white sugar & 3 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until browned but still soft.
- TIME 8-10 minutes watch carefully!