1/1 Photo of The Perfect Sandwich
1 hr 20 mins
This is the best sandwich in the world!
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F; line a sheet pan with foil.
- 2Slice the tomatoes and onion to about 1/4-1/6 of an inch thick.
- 3Wrap the garlic in foil and place on the sheet pan along with the onions and tomatoes.
- 4Drizzle the onions and tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Place in the oven and roast for 1 hour.
- 6When done remove from the oven and unwrap the garlic, cut it in half and squeeze all the cloves out of it into a small bowl; stir in the butter.
- 7Take the ciabatta and cut them in halves.
- 8Evenly spread on the garlic butter mixture on both sides of the bread then begin to layer the bottom half with cheese, then pastrami, then beef, then onion, tomato, more cheese and then the top half of the bread.
- 9Wrap the sandwiches in foil and place on a clean sheet pan.
- 10Place another sheet place on top, and weight it down with a big iron skillet.
- 11Place in the 325°F oven and 15-20 minutes.
- 12These sandwiches are great to make ahead of time too!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.9
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 197.3 mg
- Sodium 1179.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 58.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: