Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mother-in-law has past this on and I just thought I would share this with all of you. This is a staple in my house as I make it at least once a week.
- 2 large tomatoes or 5-6 roma tomatoes
- 3-5 jalapenos (depending a heat preference)
- 1 medium onion (cut in half)
- cilantro (handful)
- 29.58 ml garlic (minced)
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml ground cumin
- Bring large pot of salted water to rolling boil add tomatoes, jalapenos, onion ect. (you can add any kind of peppers you like).
- Boil until vegetables get soft and tomatoes start to peel.
- Then drain.
- In blender combine the handful of cilantro and dry ingredient (I usually just eye ball it), then add the vegetables.
- Bend to your liking. The longer you blend the thinner the salsa. And enjoy!
- NOTE: For milder salsa seed the jalapenos before boiling.
just made this salsa and really like the cooked flavor vs pica de gallo style. I used a blender but didn't realize that it really doesn't need much blending at all to get the texture I'd like-- I may try on pulse in the food processor next time. Do you ever use the simmering water as broth for different recipes?