Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great along with carne asada, as a vegetarian salad, or along with any southwestern style meal!
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced very small
- 1⁄4 white onion, diced small
- 3 radishes, diced small
- 1⁄2 cucumber, diced small
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 limes, juice of
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, making sure to add avocado last.
- I use salt pretty generously in this recipe because it really makes the flavors come out.
The nice thing about this recipe is the ease and economy. I'm all about good pork. I buy a two pork shoulders at Sam's and freeze ahead. $1.08/pound here. This recipe (for us, minus the jalapenos), is a must for making wonderful pork, with plenty of leftovers for other stuff. It is delicious and economical!