Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This vinaigrette comes from Hooters, the recipe coming from the Top Secret Restaurant Recipes cookbook. So choose your own favorite pasta salad ingredients and use this dressing for a winning combination.
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly milled)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄16 teaspoon onion powder
- Blend with a mixer on high for about a minute -- it should be creamy and thick in appearance.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so before using.
- Note: the onion powder quantity is actually a "dash".
Pretty good. Nice flavor developed after about an hour and the salad was very good. I used the white part of green onions in place of the shallots.
This recipe tastes EXACTLY like Hooters' pasta salad dressing. Fantastic and so easy to make!