Recipe by Matthew Molus
A friend of mine makes this simple and yet wonderful pasta salad all the time. I asked her for the recipe the first time I tried it. This recipe is from the Food Network, courtesy of Jamie Oliver "The Naked Chef" Try it I think you will like it.
- 1 lb barilla rotini pasta
- 3 garlic cloves
- 18 ounces cherry tomatoes (yellow and red)
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- sea salt & fresh black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the pasta and garlic, and simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until the pasta is al dente, and drain.
- Put the garlic to one side for the dressing.
- Put the pasta in a bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes, cucumber, into small pieces about a quarter the size of the pasta.
- Roughly chop the basil and chives.
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber, black olives, basil, and chives in the bowl with the pasta.
- Using a fork mash the cooked garlic on a cutting board with a little salt, add to the pasta.
- Add the oil, vinegar and seasoning.