1/1 Photo of The Perfect N Easy Indian Curry Sauce (Makhani)
This is the basic makhani sauce to which either Tandoori chicken or Paneer is added towards the end, to make either Chicken Makhani or Paneer Makhani. If you like the sauce more creamy and mild you may want to increase the amount of fresh cream added to the sauce. You may also adjust the quantity of sugar/honey in the sauce according to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon corn oil
- 1 hot green chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 (1 inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (powdered)
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- salt, To taste
- 1Heat oil and butter together in a nonstick pan and add the cloves, cardamom, bay leaf and cinnamon.
- 2When they are heated through add the ginger, garlic and green chilli and keep stirring till they turn pink.
- 3Now add the tomato paste and let cook. You may add a little water if the sauce seems to be too thick.
- 4When the tomato paste starts to bubble add the red chilli powder, Garam masala Powder, turmeric powder, sugar/honey and salt.
- 5After about 2-3 minutes add the garam masala powder and fenugreek leaves' powder. Check for seasoning.
- 6Finish off with fresh cream.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect N Easy Indian Curry Sauce (Makhani)
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.1
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 813.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried fenugreek leaves