1/2 Photos of the Perfect Lemon Tart
1 hr 30 mins
From 'Luscious Lemon Desserts'. Easy and impressive looking. After prebaking crust, look for any cracks that the filling could seeep through. Make a paste with about 1 teaspoon of flour and 1/2 teaspoon of water, and smear it over the cracks with your fingers to seal it. This recipe uses aproximately 4 lemons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- 2Have ready an 11-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- 3Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon of the zest, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4Whisk together the flour, 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
- 5Pour in the butter mixture in a fine stream, stirring with a fork, and continue stirring until the dough begins to come together when a small bit is pressed between your fingers.
- 6Transfer the mixture to the tart pan and press it with your fingertips evenly up the side and into the bottom.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is light golden brown.
- 8Let cool on a wire rack while making the filling.
- 9Process the remaining 1 cup of granulated sugar and the remaining 1 Tablespoon of zest in a food processor until the zest is finely ground.
- 10Whisk together the eggs, the sugar and zest mixture, the lemon juice, and another pinchy of salt in a medium bowl until smooth.
- 11Beat the cream with an electric mixer on medium-high speed in a medium bowl just until it forms soft peaks.
- 12Whisk the cream into the egg mixture until just blended.
- 13Place a baking sheet in the oven, place the crust on the baking sheet, and pour the filling into the still-warm crust.
- 14Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is just set in the center.
- 15Let the pie cool on a wire rack.
- 16Just before service, generously sift confectioners' sugar over the tart.
- 17Cut into wedges and serve.
- 18Note: You may wish to use slightly less zest than called for, and taste the batter.
- 19My lemons were extremely powerful, and I only needed 1 1/2 Tablespoons total of zest.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for the Perfect Lemon Tart
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.9
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 209.5 mg
- Sodium 99.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 8.1 g