Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best lasagna I have ever had. A friend taught me by cooking it with me. I've guessed at the actual amounts used, so feel free to do your own amending.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 5 slices bacon
- 6 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green pepper
- 6 mushrooms
- 7 olives
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- red wine
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 -2 cup flour
- 3 -4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- lasagna sheet
- Chop the onion, garlic, mushrooms, bacon, olives and sun dried tomatoes before you start to cook.
- Cook the onions and garlic first.
- Add the beef and brown about half-way through.
- Add green pepper, mushroom, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and bacon.
- Add the stewed tomatoes. Cut them apart with the spatula or a knife as you add them.
- Add as much red wine and balsamic vinegar as you wish. (I think the secret of the lasagna is in the wine and vinegar though, so I add about 3 tablespoons and a 1/4 of a cup).
- Add salt, pepper, and oregano to taste.
- Let the sauce stew as long as needed (the longer the better).
- Meanwhile, heat the milk gently in a saucepan.
- Add the flour gradually, stirring constantly. Add the parmesan cheese to the sauce as well.
- When the white sauce is thicker than pancake mix (about 10 minutes), remove from heat.
- In an 8x8 or round lasagna dish, layer like this: meat layer, lasagna sheet, white sauce.
- Finish with a white sauce layer and cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
Absolutely delicious! Not your typical cheesy, sauce-laden lasagna, this has a wonderful fresh flavor and texture. The parmesan white sauce gave it just the right richness and you are so right about the wine - it makes the meat sauce so use plenty! I really loved this dish and will definitely make it again!