1/1 Photo of The Perfect Lasagna
Ennui on Rice's Note:
This is the best lasagna I have ever had. A friend taught me by cooking it with me. I've guessed at the actual amounts used, so feel free to do your own amending.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onion, garlic, mushrooms, bacon, olives and sun dried tomatoes before you start to cook.
- 2Cook the onions and garlic first.
- 3Add the beef and brown about half-way through.
- 4Add green pepper, mushroom, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and bacon.
- 5Add the stewed tomatoes. Cut them apart with the spatula or a knife as you add them.
- 6Add as much red wine and balsamic vinegar as you wish. (I think the secret of the lasagna is in the wine and vinegar though, so I add about 3 tablespoons and a 1/4 of a cup).
- 7Add salt, pepper, and oregano to taste.
- 8Let the sauce stew as long as needed (the longer the better).
- 9Meanwhile, heat the milk gently in a saucepan.
- 10Add the flour gradually, stirring constantly. Add the parmesan cheese to the sauce as well.
- 11When the white sauce is thicker than pancake mix (about 10 minutes), remove from heat.
- 12In an 8x8 or round lasagna dish, layer like this: meat layer, lasagna sheet, white sauce.
- 13Finish with a white sauce layer and cover with mozzarella cheese.
- 14Cook at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Perfect Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (613 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1271.5
- Calories from Fat 662
- Total Fat 73.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 233.5 mg
- Sodium 1326.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 70.7 g