Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
They taste as good as store bought, but cheaper to do. Great to give as a gift in a pretty tin, or just to make for the house.
- 453.59 g box confectioners' sugar
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine, softened
- 9.85 ml peppermint extract
- 59.14 ml evaporated milk
- 340.19 g bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 29.58 ml shortening
- In bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Add milk and mix well.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet and chill for 20 minutes.
- Flatten with a glass to 1/4 of inch; chill for 30 minutes.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening together; stir well. Dip the patties in the mix and place on wax paper to harden and freeze for a short while. To give as gifts, give in tins.
I made a big batch of these at Christmas. Everyone Loved them! Not sure if it was because I made such a large batch but I found it just a tad too runny to make into balls so I piped it onto the wax paper and I did not have the extra step of flattening them. Very very yummy!
I made these and our entire family of 10 loves them! It was easy and quick, and well worth the effort! I plan to make them for a church lunch next month. I will certainly double it next time. The recipe as written made fifteen patties. The chocolate coating does melt quickly, so be prepared for messy fingers, if you share them with the children. They are so good you might not want to share!!