Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
They taste as good as store bought, but cheaper to do. Great to give as a gift in a pretty tin, or just to make for the house.
Top Review by Tillysmom
I made a big batch of these at Christmas. Everyone Loved them! Not sure if it was because I made such a large batch but I found it just a tad too runny to make into balls so I piped it onto the wax paper and I did not have the extra step of flattening them. Very very yummy!
- 1 (1 lb) box confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Add milk and mix well.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet and chill for 20 minutes.
- Flatten with a glass to 1/4 of inch; chill for 30 minutes.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening together; stir well. Dip the patties in the mix and place on wax paper to harden and freeze for a short while. To give as gifts, give in tins.