Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
I found this recipe in my Taste of Home magazine. The chili sauce and horseradish add some zip to these hamburgers and make them a nice change from ordinary burgers.
Top Review by Jason Weiser
Fantastic flavor. I adjusted just a bit from the original recipe by adding a package of Hidden Valley Ranch mix to the burger, as well as one Brat (no skin) for an addition of a little fat. Fabulous.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, chili sauce, onion, horseradish, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 - 7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juice run clear.
- Serve on buns with desired toppings.
- Tip: After forming your patties, make a little well in the center of each hamburger patty and your burger won't cook up into a ball shape -- the little well formed in the center helps your burger keep the right shape.