Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in my Taste of Home magazine. The chili sauce and horseradish add some zip to these hamburgers and make them a nice change from ordinary burgers.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, chili sauce, onion, horseradish, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 - 7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juice run clear.
- Serve on buns with desired toppings.
- Tip: After forming your patties, make a little well in the center of each hamburger patty and your burger won't cook up into a ball shape -- the little well formed in the center helps your burger keep the right shape.
Fantastic flavor. I adjusted just a bit from the original recipe by adding a package of Hidden Valley Ranch mix to the burger, as well as one Brat (no skin) for an addition of a little fat. Fabulous.
We really enjoyed this burger recipe Crafty Lady. The flavor was outstanding. The burgers were soft, tender and very juicy. We served ours with sweet onion, tomato, mustard and ketchup. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful treat, which I will make again.
This is a Fabulous burger! Made as stated and loved the zing the chili sauce gave to the burgers! Topped with avocado, tomato, onion and instead of mayonaise, I used V's Southwestern Dip. Yummers! Great tip, worked like a charm! Served with seasoned homemade oven fries and chocolate shake! Thank you for another great recipe Crafty *hugs* ~V