Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Substituting butter with a surprising ingredient adds the perfect zip to a traditional favorite. Pair it with a warm bowl of tomato soup for a quick and delicious meal.
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 slice mild cheddar cheese
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 dash garlic salt, to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Bring non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- Spread mayo on one side of each piece of bread.
- Place one piece of bread onto heated skillet, mayo side down.
- Layer your two pieces of cheese.
- Sprinkle a dash of garlic salt to taste (optional).
- Top with remaining piece of bread, mayo side up.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Yummy sandwich. I used the slice of provolone and some grated cheddar. Thanks for sharing this nice keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
I made two for the DM and I and used wholemeal/wholegrain bread (can't remember when I last had white bread in the house) and as I was cooking them in the sandwich press I put the mayo on the inside and for the cheese I used a cheddar and a jarlsberg as that is what I had and we loved that gooy cheesy toastie, thank you Jenni Girl made for PARTY game.